Designrr Wordgenie is a powerful software tool that makes writing ebooks incredibly easy.
With Wordgenie, you can generate high-quality book outlines and drafts with just a few clicks.
In this article, I will share how Wordgenie works, its pricing options, and tips for using it effectively to create profitable ebooks.
Wordgenie is part of the Designrr suite of book creation tools.
To use it, you first enter your book topic and choose subtopics.
Wordgenie will then generate a complete outline for your book, with chapter titles and section headings based on your selected genre.
For nonfiction books, it creates an outline based on a standard three-act structure.
For fiction, it follows storytelling conventions for plot and character development.
Once you have an outline, you can use Wordgenie’s drafting feature to automatically write sections of your book.
It will generate draft paragraphs based on your chapter and section titles, creating an entire manuscript draft for you to work from.
You can then go in and edit the draft, rearranging or rewriting anything you want.
Wordgenie is powered by an ChatGPT AI engine that analyzes published bestselling books to understand effective writing structures and themes for different genres.
This allows it to quickly create quality outlines tailored to your book concept.
The drafting feature pulls key points from your outline to write original paragraphs in a natural writing style.
Wordgenie is available as part of the Designrr suite; to use Wordgenie, you must have Designrr.
You can buy more Wordgenie credits.
- $17 one-time – Includes Wordgenie outlines and 100,000 credits.
- $57 one-time – 1M credits
- $497/year – 1M credits/month
I searched on their website but couldn’t find any details about how the credit system works. So, I dropped a message to their support team.
Here’s the response:
Read the last line, “Each character /letter is 1 credit.” If you use Wordgenie to create content.
If you rewrite the existing content, it will take extra credits. For example, I rewrote this, “The bundle provides a comprehensive learning experience by combining video lessons, interactive workbooks, cheatsheets, and various other resources.”
It consumed 132 credits; if you rewrite or fix grammar errors, Wordgenie will consume more credits.
To buy more WordGenie credits, click on your profile icon in the top right corner in the Designrr account.
Then go to account settings to see your current plan and the option “+ Add More Credits – WordGenie” to buy more credits.
Click on it, and you’ll be redirected to a page.
Depending on your use case, you can buy extra Wordgenie credits. You can buy 100K credits for $17 (one-time fee). If you want more, you can do that as well.
You can buy up to 12M credits for $497/year.
The Basic plan is a good option for shorter ebooks or the outlining feature.
Pro supports crafting full-length manuscripts, while Max is ideal for prolific writers working on multiple books.
Wordgenie Chat and Wordgenie Edit are two different features within Designrr that serve different purposes:
- An interactive chat interface where you can provide prompts to generate new content
- Useful for getting AI-written drafts of specific sections, scenes, or passages
- Helpful when you need fresh content or ideas created on the fly
- Responds in real-time with new paragraph drafts based on your prompts
- An editing interface for refining content generated by Wordgenie
- Allows you to make revisions and edits directly in the manuscript draft
- Fix grammar, improve phrasing, change vocabulary, alter sentence structure
- Delete, rearrange, or add new paragraphs as needed
- Track changes so you can accept/reject edits
- Optimized for refining and polishing a full draft
So, in summary:
- Use Wordgenie Chat to request new content from AI on the fly
- Use Wordgenie Edit to refine and polish drafts by making edits
Together, they allow both easy content creation and revision to craft high-quality manuscripts.
Before you create an outline with the help of AI, create a manual outline.
- List down all the topics you want to overcome.
Research about your audience’s pain points.
- Do competitor analysis
Now, come up with your outline. Then, you can generate an outline using AI.
Some tips for creating effective book outlines with Wordgenie:
- Use a specific book title and genre so Wordgenie can create the outline
- Review the chapter and section titles – edit or rewrite any that don’t fit your vision.
- Flesh out the outline by adding bullets with key points for each section
- Rearrange chapters/sections as needed for logical flow and structure
- Ensure your outline aligns with conventions for your genre
An outline from Wordgenie provides a solid structural foundation. Refining it upfront will lead to a stronger manuscript draft.
When using the drafting feature, keep these tips in mind:
- The AI will create original paragraphs based on your outline, but they will need editing
- Go through the draft to rearrange paragraphs or sections if needed for flow
- Flesh out areas that need more detail or rewrite weak passages
- Maintain consistency in tone, point of view, and verb tense across chapters
- Run spellcheck and grammar check once finished to catch any AI-generated errors
Think of Wordgenie’s draft as a strong starting point that requires human editing and revising. The quality will vary depending on the depth of your outline.
Step 1: Choose a focused topic. Select a specific, narrow topic that you have expertise in. This will make researching and writing about it much easier.
Step 2: Enter your topic and settings into Wordgenie. Type your chosen topic into the Wordgenie input field.
Then select settings like language, tone, target audience, etc. This tells Wordgenie exactly what kind of content you need.
Once you have entered the topic, click on “NEXT.”
Step 3: Pick useful subtopics and niches. Wordgenie will suggest closely related subtopics and niches to include.
Choose ones that provide value for your readers and help organize your ebook.
Step 4: Specify your target audience. Tell Wordgenie who you are creating content for. This ensures the tone and depth of the writing matches your intended readers.
In my case, they are working professionals and university students.
Step 5: Review and select a title. Wordgenie will propose titles tailored to your topic and audience. Pick one that is compelling yet descriptive.
If you wish, you can generate more titles if you’re unhappy with the first set. After choosing the title, click next.
Step 6: Modify the outline if needed. Wordgenie provides an outline for your ebook. Tweak it to fit your vision and knowledge base.
If you’re satisfied with the outline, you can proceed and Wordgenie will begin writing your ebook.
It will take a few minutes for Wordgenie to finish drafting your ebook content.
Once it has completed the writing, you can either copy or export the text into the Designrr editor.
At that point, you can start designing the ebook layout and aesthetics.
However, I recommend thoroughly editing the ebook content before you begin the design process.
AI-generated content requires manual editing and refinement to make it truly valuable for readers.
In my case, Wordgenie wrote 16916 words. The ebook contains 11 chapters.
I haven’t edited the ebook. But it can give you a base to work on. You can always edit and improve the existing content.
I am happy with Wordgenie.
Here are some of the key benefits of using Wordgenie for ebook creation:
- Saves huge amounts of time by automatically generating outlines and drafts
- Provides a framework to build upon, not starting with a blank page
- Chapters, paragraphs, and sentences are written in a natural, human-like style
- Built-in knowledge of writing conventions for both fiction and nonfiction genres
- Different pricing tiers based on word count needs
For many writers, Wordgenie can dramatically speed up the book creation process so they can publish more titles faster.
The AI-generated draft content also boosts momentum and material to work from.
While extremely useful, Wordgenie does have some limitations to be aware of:
- The automatically generated outlines and drafts need human editing and revising to turn them into polished manuscripts.
- The AI cannot fully replace creative work.
- The draft quality can sometimes be uneven, requiring more heavy editing for certain paragraphs or sections.
- Formatting and style aspects still need to be done manually once drafting is complete.
- Citations, footnotes, and research will need to be added manually for nonfiction books.
- More creative fiction genres like poetry are challenging for AI drafting tools.
- Wordgenie output is not fine-tuned, so the output is generic.
Wordgenie excels at creating the structural framework but expects the human author to complete the detailed work of refinement and polish.
It reduces overall writing time substantially but does not fully automate the entire process from start to finish.
Considering the price, YES, Wordgenie is worth it.
Key factors to consider when evaluating if Designrr Wordgenie is worth the investment.
For many writers, the huge time savings Wordgenie provides is worth the price alone. Automatically generated outlines and drafts can reduce the book-writing process from months to weeks or days. This allows prolific publishing at a much faster rate.
Quality of Output
The quality of Wordgenie’s outlines and drafts is quite good, providing a solid framework to build upon. While editing and rewriting are required, the AI generates readable content with natural language. For some genres, the quality will be higher than others.
The costs are very competitive when comparing Wordgenie’s pricing tiers to hiring freelance writers. For example, at $57, you can get 1000,000 credits. Hiring at standard rates, that much content creation could cost $1000 or more.
The main limitations come from Wordgenie need human creativity, input, and editing. It assists the process but does not fully automate from start to finish. The drafts will need refinement. Quality varies in parts.
For authors planning to publish multiple books, the sheer time savings, cost efficiency, ongoing value, and reasonably high-quality output that Wordgenie provides make it well worth the price. While not a magic bullet, it streamlines the foundations of writing a book dramatically.
Most users will recoup their investment quickly through increased productivity.
Wordgenie vs. Jasper
- Wordgenie specialized in book writing, Jasper more general content
- Jasper pricing starts higher at $39/month vs $27 for Wordgenie
- Wordgenie outputs full outlines and long-form drafts, Jasper does shorter-form content
- Jasper may allow more customization for different content types
Wordgenie vs Sudowrite
- Sudowrite has more focus on email and social media copy
- Wordgenie is better for crafting long-form book drafts
- Sudowrite has a simpler editing interface for refining AI output
- Wordgenie was built specifically for books, and Sudowrite more broad
Wordgenie vs Writesonic
- Writesonic starts at $19/month but limited to 100,000 words per month
- Wordgenie’s lowest tier is $27 for 100K credits
- Writesonic focused on blog posts and short-form copy
- Wordgenie better for book outlines, drafting full manuscripts
Wordgenie vs ShortlyAI
- ShortlyAI specializes in summarization of articles
- Wordgenie generates original long-form book content
- ShortlyAI excels at condensing info, not creating from scratch
- Wordgenie has more creative applications for fiction and nonfiction
Wordgenie distinguishes itself by focusing specifically on book writing, making it ideal for authors. And, you can’t use Wordgenie separately.
Wordgenie is integrated with Designrr. You can generate, rewrite, and design your ebooks from one software.
Wordgenie works on the pay-as-you-go pricing model; the more you use, the more you pay. No recurring charges.
Designrr Wordgenie provides an incredibly useful AI tool for speeding up core parts of the ebook creation process.
With its unique features and user-friendly interface, you can create professional-looking ebooks in a matter of minutes.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced writer, Designrr provides all the necessary tools and templates to bring your ideas to life.
The pricing and packages offered by Designrr are affordable.
So if you’re looking to create an ebook quickly and efficiently, Designrr’s Wordgenie is definitely worth considering.
Start creating your ebooks today.
With an automatically generated outline and manuscript draft delivered in seconds, you gain momentum and material to build upon right from the start.
Of cours, human creativity, input, and editing are still required.